Paisley is a 2017 graduate of the University of Wisconsin Law School. Prior to completing her J.D., Paisley obtained a Bachelor's in Legal Studies and Social Welfare and a Master's of Social Work degree with a concentration in mental health from the University of Wisconsin - Madison. Paisley has prior internship experience with the UW Law School Family Law Project, State Public Defender's Office, ARC Community Services, and Briarpatch Youth Services.
Prior to entering law school, Paisley was employed with the Wisconsin Innocence Project reviewing claims of actual innocence and seeing where other attorneys have failed their clients. This experience motivates Paisley to ensure that all of her clients receive strong, detail-oriented representation. While interning with Briarpatch Youth Services, Paisley helped teens involved in the juvenile justice system navigate the complex process and move forward with their lives.
During her time with the Family Law Project, Paisley assisted clients with their family law issues, primarily working towards placement with the client and addressing child support concerns. She also worked with a supervising attorney to litigate a contested placement trial. Since joining Nicholson, Gansner & Otis in January 2017, Paisley has written successful suppression motions in several cases.
Paisley's background provides her clients with a compassionate advisor and strong legal advocate in court.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Juvenile Delinquency
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 12/2017
- University of Wisconsin School of Social Work, Madison, Wisconsin
- Master’s of Social Work - 05/2014
- Major: Mental Health
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Bachelor’s of Arts - 05/2012
- Major: Legal Studies and Social Welfare
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin Family Law Section
- Association of Family and Conciliatory Courts
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Legal Association for Women
Past Employment Positions
- UW Law School Family Law Project, Intern
- State Public Defender's Office, Intern
- ARC Community Services, Intern
- Briarpatch Youth Services, Intern
- Wisconsin Innocence Project
Year Joined Firm