Paisley S. Hoffman
Paisley Hoffman is an Associate Attorney with Nicholson Goetz & Otis, S.C., where she represents clients in a variety of areas of law including criminal defense, divorce, paternity, post-judgment custody and placement disputes, child in need of protection or services, delinquency, and injunctions. In addition to her role as advocacy counsel in these types of cases, Attorney Hoffman regularly is asked by multiple judges to serve as Guardian ad Litem representing the best interests of children in Dane County and surrounding counties. She has been asked to serve as advocacy counsel by a Dane County Judge.
Attorney Hoffman is a compassionate advisor and a strong legal advocate in court. Attorney Hoffman understands that the Court process can be confusing, and she takes time to understand her client’s concerns and explain the legal process. Attorney Hoffman appreciates the opportunity to help clients through the most difficult times in their lives.
Prior to obtaining her J.D., she worked for the Wisconsin Innocence Project reviewing serious criminal convictions for errors and obtained a Master of Social Work with a concentration in mental health. Attorney Hoffman’s background serves her clients in all areas of her practice. In criminal matters, Attorney Hoffman understands interpersonal relationships and is aware of the potential rehabilitative needs and resources for clients. In addition, she uses this background for creative resolutions to cases. In her family law practice, Attorney Hoffman is child-focused based on her understanding of children’s developmental needs and family dynamics.
In one of the fastest turnaround times after law school, Attorney Hoffman was named as one of Super Lawyers, Wisconsin Rising Stars in 2020. Attorney Hoffman obtained her J.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2017. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies and Social Welfare in 2012 and her Master of Social Work in 2014 from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Juvenile Delinquency
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 12/2017
- University of Wisconsin School of Social Work, Madison, Wisconsin
- Master’s of Social Work - 05/2014
- Major: Mental Health
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Bachelor’s of Arts - 05/2012
- Major: Legal Studies and Social Welfare
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin Family Law Section
- Association of Family and Conciliatory Courts
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Legal Association for Women
Past Employment Positions
- UW Law School Family Law Project, Intern
- State Public Defender's Office, Intern
- ARC Community Services, Intern
- Briarpatch Youth Services, Intern
- Wisconsin Innocence Project
Year Joined Firm